Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thank you # 3

Dear blunt pruners,

Thank you for making me mess up when I was pruning this morning.  Instead of a nice clean cut you helped me make a real mess of things, and reminded me of what I had been told in my MG class about needing to have well-maintained tools - for the plant's well-being as well as my own.  I'll get you sharpened up pronto, I promise (and I'll check all my other gardening tools while I'm at it!).
Thanks for giving me a nasty reminder of an important chore that needs to be done.
Carol

PS.  I went and found another set of pruners that I own (sharp ones this time!) and made amends/said my apologies to the poor plant that I abused.  It's now got a nice clean cut and should seal over just fine.
Click HERE to learn how my "thank-you" notes got started.

No comments: