Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Deciding to become an MG

Ever thought about becoming a Master Gardener? Ever wondered what you have to do to become one? Well, wonder no more! Come along on my journey as I take on the challenge.   I've been accepted to the King County, Master Gardener program for 2010 here in Washington State.  First class starts on January 9th, 2010.   



Why am I doing this?  I'd say first and foremost I love, respect and value the natural world and want to be a better steward of it, and share that knowledge with others.  Secondly, I enjoy gardening but don't really know much beyond the basics so would like to learn to become a smarter/better gardener.  Finally, I love learning new things and the best way I can think to spend my free time is to learn / experience something new.  Marry all that together and voila.... here I am, ready to become a Master Gardener. 

Hope you'll come along for the ride.....


      

No comments: